I was recently contacted by VTech to see if Xander and I wanted to review the Go! Go! Smart Wheels Train Station Playset! We happily accepted, as I know how excited X gets anytime he sees a choo-choo train! When the box arrived, I waited for John to come home to put it together, as I had a sneaky suspicion that he would be equally excited as Xander at choo-choo train excitement. (I was right) and they proceeded to figure out all the playlet details for over an hour.
Details from VTech:
- 32 interchangeable track pieces can combine into many different configurations as the included motorized train engine and cargo car chug on by.
- The included vehicle and other Go! Go! Smart Wheels SmartPoint vehicles (each sold separately) respond to 10 SmartPoint locations with different phrases, music or fun sound effects.
- Featuring a train station, conveyor-belt hill, bridge, tunnel, spiral ramp, track gates and track switchers, this set provides hours of cargo fun and imitative play.
- The tracks also connect to other Go! Go! Smart Wheels playlets (each sold separately to encourage children’s creativity.
- Ages 1-5 years, retail value: $49.99.
We decided to set the train up in the basement so X would have more room to play with it (and we didn’t want a spacious toy taking up precious living room/play room space). This turned out to be a tremendous decision, as anytime John or I ask Xander if he wants to play with his train, his eyes light up, he runs to the top of the basement stairs, points and yells “choo-choo!” It has become his special toy and he looks forward to playing with it each day, even if it’s for a brief time.
Details from the Heddlestons:
- We love that the train is interactive. X loves the cargo area the best. The cargo area will say: “time to load the cargo,” and X happily obliges by putting the ball on the cargo car.
- The conveyor-belt bridge is really cute, but at 18 months old, Xander needs help with this piece of the track.
- Extra accessory pieces are a nice touch. Xander can move them around and help make the train yard his own.
One thing to note (which was one of the first things we noticed), you can’t actually set up the train as pictured on the box. It needs another curved piece to make this work, but we’ve come up with a train track configuration that has been working just fine! I think we’ll get a track extension at some point, which I’m sure will thrill X man even more.
I should also note, that if you forget to turn the switch on the train to off the battery drains very quickly. Learn from us and always check that the train is off before you go to bed!
Overall, Xander has really enjoyed having this toy and I’m excited that one of YOU will win it for your child too!
To enter this giveaway:
- Leave a comment and tell me why you think your child would love the Go! Go! Smart Wheels Train Station! (You can enter if it’s not for your child too – wanting to win this for a friends’ or relatives’ child is totally acceptable too!)
- Bonus entry: Visit this Facebook post and leave a comment with why you want to win there too! No need to come back and tell me you did so, I will pull a winner from both combined entries.
You have until Saturday September 21, 2013 at 11:59 pm EST to enter. Good luck!
Edited to include winner information: Congratulations Becky! You are the winner of your own Go! Go! Smart Wheels Train Station Playset. I used random.org for selection purposes and #23 was the winner! (20 blog post entries + 12 Facebook entries, translated to Becky’s comment on FB). Thank you so all who entered! Becky, I will be contacting you shortly with details on how to retrieve your prize.
Disclosure: We received the Go! Go! Smart Wheels Train Station Playset for review. If I write a review on the VTech and Amazon websites I will be compensated with a VISA gift card as well. No other compensation has been provided. All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.