Xander turned 9 months old over the weekend! I know I’m biased, but he’s so stinkin’ cute!
This past month has had so many developments! This is such a fun fun age! Xander now:
- Army crawls
- Regular crawls (hands and knees)
- Signs the word “milk”
- Stands without holding on for ~5 seconds
- Re-situates himself from belly to sitting to standing
- Gets on his knees in his crib and stands in the crib (he LOVES to play with his projector…the kid is going to blind himself)
- Walks quickly while only using our fingers for support (previously we would hold under his armpits)
- Pulls himself to standing and holds onto anything in front of him (but he did this before too)
- Babbles very frequently. “Mama” is getting very clear.
- Likes to watch John play the guitar (watches him strum then tries to do it himself)
- Tries to help get himself undressed (pulls his onesie over his head)
Xander hates: changing into pajamas after bath time, most diaper changes, and when you don’t help him walk.
Xander loves: bath time, any electronic device that he’s not supposed to have, having you help him walk, having mommy and daddy around.
Xander firsts: visiting Santa Claus, having a babysitter for 30 minutes (first time was my aunt and second time was John’s parents). He had my mom and stepmom babysit him when I was in PA in August without John for a week, but he didn’t have separation anxiety then.
I’m due to write a full food post, but solids are going well. He only eats finger foods and doesn’t like the spoon. He will eat purees from a spoon on occasion, but definitely prefers to feed himself. New foods this month include: chicken, egg yolk, toast, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, black beans, white fish, and he even had a taste of beef. He also loves water and I feel bad that we have to limit it, but if we don’t his nursing gets messed up since he’s filling up on liquid with no calories. He can drink from the sippy cup all by myself. He absolutely loves his independence with eating. Nursing is still going strong and we have 4-6 full nursing sessions a day. He will sometimes have 1-2 nursing snacks but I’m really trying have him take full feeds because we’ve found it helps with his sleeping.
Sleep. This month was rough with sleep. I’m also due to write a full post on his sleep patterns and how they’ve changed over time. This month, we think due to his top teeth cutting, Xander’s sleep became very messed up. His usual 6:30-7:30 bedtime became nap time and little minker wasn’t going to bed until 9:30-10:30. He was waking up frequently and it just wasn’t a good situation. Funnily enough, this month was also the first time he every slept 8 hours in a row. He did this two days in a row and then went back to his old ways. We are crossing our fingers that he’s getting over the ~10pm bedtime because we’ve been able to get him down around 8:30 on occasion over the last few days.
9 Month Baby Stats:
- Weight: 18 lb 14 oz (~40%-tile)
- Height: 28 inches (~40%-tile)
- Head Circumference: 45 cm (~40%-tile)
- Diaper Size: 3 during day, 4 during night
- Clothing Size: 9-12 months depending on brand
For all of Xander’s updates, please visit his baby page.