You knew this was coming right? I’m now up to 5 minutes for my ab workout! Thank you Best Body Bootcamp for increasing my core strength!
I still love the 3 minute plank workout and the 4 minute flipper workout, but I challenged myself the other day to increase my total work time to 5 minutes. This quick workout is similar to the 4 minute version, except I added in the scissor kick!
I also failed to give you kick descriptions in the 4 minute version, but you can find them in response to a comment on that post. And since I’m nice I’ll provide them for you in this post!
- Flutter Kick: This is the kick you do with the freestyle stroke. Alternate your feet in small kicks.
- Scissor Kick: This is the kick you do with the freestyle stroke, but bigger than the flutter kick. You’ll feel this in your tush like whoa.
- Dolphin Kick: This is the kick you do with the butterfly stroke. Keep your feet together for this kick.
- Frog Kick: This is the kick you do with the breaststroke. You can go in and around or around and in for this exercise.
- 6 Inches: Hold your legs and feet together 6 inches off the floor.
Hope those descriptions help! I am not a personal trainer, this workout is simply a routine that has worked for me! Let me know if you have any questions!
Edit: This workout is done entirely while laying on your back. I know with swimming it may make you think you’d be on your stomach, but lay on your back with your hands at your sides. You can put your hands under your butt until you get better!
What are your favorite ab exercises? Give me some suggestions!