When Janae posted this running pop quiz, I knew I wanted to participate! Here is more information about my running habits and preferences! Feel free to take the quiz yourself too!
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or other?
I’ve only tried shot bloks and GU chomps. My favorite shot bloks are the strawberry and my favorite GU chomps are orange. I usually use the bloks as chews though because the stick shape makes it easier to hold while running, instead of having to pick a chomp out of the bag.
2. Race length: 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, marathon, ultra or other?
3. Workout bottoms: skirts, running shorts, capris, pants or other?
Capris are my favorite but I wear shorts when it’s too hot for capris. I’ve been wanting to try a running skirt but haven’t yet.
4. Sports drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, water or other?
Water all the way for me. I’m not a very good drink person and water is what a drink 98% of the time — I’ll enjoy an orange Gatorade (the only flavor I like) from time to time, but that’s really rare.
5. Running temperature: hot or cold?
6. Running shoe brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or other?
I currently own Mizuno Wave Rider 14s (I need a new updated pair!) and Reebok Real Flex Optimals. I’m open to learning about other brands though – I wear a neutral shoe so it should be pretty easy to try out other shoes.
7. Pre-race meal: oatmeal, bagel, banana, eggs, cereal or other?
Recently my stomach has been kind of unpredictable, so I’m relearning what works. However, before these issues, I really could eat anything I wanted before running as long as I left enough time to digest it.
8. Rest days: 1x per week, 2x per week or more, never ever or other?
I like to run 3-4 times a week, do cross on the other days, and have one full day of rest (or active rest like a walk).
9. Music: have to have it or go without it?
I used to run with music on all the time when I lived in Cleveland, however, now I never run outside with it. I’m all about outdoor running safety!
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight loss, you love running, social reasons or other?
My reasons for running include: I (now) love it, there are always goals to work toward, it’s a great stress reliever, and post-run feelings (endorphins and feelings of accomplishment) feel awesome!
What’s your number reason for running?!
PS. My race is in two days ! Ahh!!