Before I get into this post that I forgot to publish earlier in the week, I’d like to wish my friends running the Chicago marathon good luck! Go get it girls! You’re probably already tucked in your beds tonight — but I know you’ll rock it tomorrow!
In August I had 8 substantial runs (including a few walks) that I felt contributed decently to my Army Ten Miler training. This past month of September I’ve had 11, which still isn’t as many I would like, but certainly a wonderful improvement! I’m pretty pumped about my progress honestly. Here’s how September all shook out:
September 1st – Saturday
- 6.57 mile run / 1 hr 21 minutes / 12:22 pace
- Ran the first 5 miles in ~58 minutes, walk/run intervals till the end
- Evening run / local park
- Felt great for the first 5 miles
September 3rd – Monday
- 3.41 mile run / 38:12 minutes / 11:12 pace
- Morning run / neighborhood
- Felt awesome!
September 6th – Thursday
- 1.26 mile walk / 19:38 minutes / 15:26 pace <~~ walking with boys to lake
- 2.01 mile run / 22:22 minutes / 11:09 pace <~~ loops by myself
- 1.51 mile walk / 24:30 minutes / 16:16 pace <~~ walking home with boys
- Evening / neighborhood and lake
- Felt so nice to be so active with my family
September 9th – Sunday
- My first postpartum race: Damascus Freedom 10K recap and review
- 10K race / 1:12:05 minutes / 11:36 pace <~~sucktastular hills
September 11th – Tuesday
- 2 mile stroller workout with strength intervals <~~ arrived late to workout
- 1 mile run / untimed <~~ ran at end to make up for being late
- 3.7 mile walk / 1 hr 1 minute / 16:42 pace
- Felt wonderful to be active more than one time in the day!
September 12th – Wednesday
- 3.18 mile walk pushing X in stroller / 51:17 minutes / 16:06 pace
- Morning walk / neighborhood and trail
- Getting out with another mommy friend is a great motivator to get active!
September 16th – Sunday
- 7 mile run / 1 hr 18 minutes / 11:10 pace
- Afternoon run / neighborhood / screaming baby at home
September 20th – Thursday
- 4.76 mile run / 51:56 minutes / 10:54
- Evening run / neighborhood
- PUMPED to see sub-11 min per mile
September 23rd – Sunday
- 4.69 mile run / 52:30 minutes / 11:11 pace
- Afternoon run / neighborhood / had to cut run short due screaming X at home
- Felt selfish for wishing I could have finished my run. Felt bad for little baby at home.
September 27th – Thursday
- 4.01 mile run / 44:31 minutes / 11:06 pace
- Evening run / neighborhood
- Was pushing for sub-11 min per mile and was bummed when I saw the watch at the end
September 30th – Sunday
- 3.31 mile run / 37:02 minutes / 11:11 pace <~~ was supposed to be 8
- Late morning run / overdressed / neighborhood
- Most ticked about this run and letting my head get to me. I will conquer 9 this weekend!
Other workouts unlisted are almost daily evening walks or dancing.
I’m off to run 9 today! I’ll update you on my October training right before the ATM on the 21st! I’m getting really excited about my first big DC race, but also nervous about logistics with the metro and our little mister. It’ll all workout I’m sure, but John and I have already been discussing how we think everything will shake out.
Are you training for anything right now? How did/do handle logistics on race day morning with a baby?