I have a little something extra to include in my weekly wrap this week! I was interviewed by Washingtonian.com this week and an article entitled: Everything you need to know about buying frozen produce was written. Take a read!
HH posts of the week:
- My younger brother turned 23 years old!
- A new recipe was shared! These gluten-free vegetable lasagna roll-ups are delish!
- I ran my first postpartum race – the Damascus Freedom 10K.
- Another JDdreamteam update is in the books! I can’t believe the program is almost over.
- I showed some FitFluential #PROOF while rocking the ViewSport shirt!
- Xander turned 6 months old – here’s a sneak peak picture!
Other people’s posts of the week:
- Everyone needs to go read the importance of skin cancer screening by Lindsay’s cousins Kristine.
- Lindsay created a super fun workout called flip a coin! This would definitely keep things interesting!
- Holly teaches us how to upcycle old cloth diapers into cloth wipes! I wonder if John would be on board with us doing this!?
Life through Instagram:
- Xander has a new trick of grabbing the crib slats and pressing his face up against them and peering out. This picture doesn’t do his trick justice. It takes all my restraint not to laugh when I go in to fix him.
- I finally bought some scallops and had an amazing salad.
- This week we had some chilly mornings and Xander and I had some amazing cuddles.
- See #4.
- I made lamb meatballs for the first time and had a full Greek salad with homemade Tzatziki sauce too.
- I may just wear my hair down more now that we are getting cooler weather! Now… how to teach X not to pull it?
Nom noms of the week:
- Emily’s mixed berry oat crumble looks amazing and it’s so easy to make gluten free if you use gluten free rolled oats!
- Fall is right around the corner and Matt already made from pumpkin pancakes! I think I’m going to try using half buckwheat and half garbanzo bean flour when I make these! Yum!
- I’m not sure I’ve ever had polenta but Ashley’s polenta pizza looks incredible! And as she mentioned, I would just use more cornmeal instead of the bulgur wheat.
- I already made Tina’s microwavable nut butter cookie and it was amazing! I doubled the recipe and used a full egg.
How was your week? Any great reads or recipes I should check out?