How in the world is our little baby 4 months old? Yesterday was his little month birthday and tomorrow is his big boy doctor’s appointment. Here is a run down of Xander’s fourth month of life!
Likes (he likes a lot of things, but here are the standouts)
- Bath time
- ABC song (while I sing and sign it)
- Hanging out with mommy and daddy
- Being cold/changing after the bath (although this is getting better)
- Being overheated or overstimulated
Sign language that we’ve introduced
- His name
- All Done
- I love you
- Thank you
- Bless you
- Keeps feet in the air during diaper changes.
- Possibly teething.
- Tolerates tummy time A LOT better.
- Will nap in his crib.
- Stopped the swaddle.
- Sucks on his hands ALL. THE. TIME.
- Holds and reaches for toys.
- Also reaches for his pee-pee. Started this last week.
- ROLLS BOTH WAYS!! This happened around 3.5 months and I couldn’t believe it. He actually prefers to roll the hard way too (back to belly).
- Gets himself stuck in the crib. He especially likes to do this at three in the morning. He gets himself on his tummy and then won’t roll back over, so we have to go and reposition him.
- He has belly scooted two times.
- LOVES talking to us. It’s funny though, when we get around other people he won’t talk at all.
- He has laughed once! When he did laugh it was multiple times in one day though.
- First Father’s Day.
- The pool! (2x)
- Reading books regularly.
- Running in the jogging stroller (2x last week).
- Using his stand up toy that he LOVES.
- Seeing daddy’s workplace.
- Being front facing in the Bjourn.
- Wearing sunglasses.
- First fourth of July (but no fireworks).
- Little mister/little man
- Stinker minker
- Minker (probably the most common one we use and variations thereof)
- Mr. Slobs
- Baby St. Bernard (due to the slobbering)
Little mister has his four month check up tomorrow but he’s a little over 14 pounds and around 24 inches tall. Yes, we know he’s little.
Xander is truly our world. He is so amazing and his personality developments more and more each day. I’m so impressed by how advanced he is with his muscle/motor control. I could listen to him “talk” all day long. It’s so cool to see how he focuses on our lips when we talk and on our hands when we sign — he totally is soaking it all in for when he learns to communicate. I’m thankful that he still loves cuddling, as I’ve read some babies start to not like it at this age — guess he has a little clinginess like his mommy I feel so lucky to be able to stay at home to nurture, care, and protect him. We may make sacrifices to keep me at home, but we wouldn’t want it any other way.
Echoing Mommy’s thoughts, Xander and his mommy are everything to me. I’m amazed at how quickly he’s developing. Each time I look at him, I try to make a mental note of who he is at this young age. Before we know it, he’ll be talking, vocalizing his wants, have hobbies, etc. It’s also fascinating to watch his personality slowly develop; there are certainly signs now of some personality traits he might have as he matures. Although many people have told us “make sure you take time to have dates,” I don’t feel as if Xander interferes with our personal time. Over the weekend when we went running, Katie and I hung out and chatted like we would if he were not there. He was perfectly content to come along for the ride. I feel tremendously blessed to have such a wonderful little family.
Next update will be at 5 months! We love you Xander!!