Boy, this week has been an exciting one! I got picked to be a part of the Just Dance Just Sweat Dream Team and I hosted #FitBlog Chat this week! Thanks to everyone who participated with me! Then, after posting what a good night for Xander looks like, he surprised us all and slept 6 hours in a row last night! Luckily John and I were asleep for four of those!
Xander turns 12 weeks old TODAY! I don’t have his update quiet ready yet, but I’ve been working on this postpartum post for the past few days. Xander’s update will be up tonight or tomorrow!
I last left off telling you about my body after baby at 6 weeks postpartum. I don’t think I have too many updates, but I definitely have some thoughts since then!
- At 6 weeks postpartum I had mentioned that I had already reached my pre-pregnancy weight. I’m still there and fluctuate between that weight and ~3 pounds below that weight. If I’m being honest with myself and with you, I’d like myself to look a little more toned, but I am definitely okay with my current weight. After all, weight is just a number.
- My abdomen still feels a little squishy, but I know that will change once I start working out more.
- My linea nigra is so much lighter.
- My chest size is still my biggest complaint.
- Most of my shirts and dresses don’t fit because of my chest size. All of my bottoms are fitting just fine.
- I definitely need to buy a new bathing suit this summer — at least a top that matches one of the bottoms I already own.
Mastitis & Menstrual Cycle
- In addition to the mastitis I experienced around 6 weeks postpartum, I’ve experienced it once again. I also had a super clogged duct that I feared was going to get infected as well. I’m not sure why I’m so prone to this — is it because of my over supply? I would love some insight from fellow mamas who frequently had clogged ducts or mastitis. Thanks!
- I mentioned it last week, but since another week has gone by, I thought I would mention that I still haven’t experienced a second period. Maybe the first one was a fluke? Maybe they will be spaced out?
- I have a strong desire to workout… now it’s all about just fitting it in!
- I’m registered for a muddy run in July and a ten miler in October.
- Being a part of the Just Sweat Dream Team is going to be an awesome and fun way to be fit! I can’t wait to share all my experiences with you!
- Xander definitely experienced his 12 week growth spurt between weeks 10 and 11. To say it was a doozy is an understatement. I hadn’t been that hungry since his first few weeks of life when I was getting used to breastfeeding.
- I was never hungry the way I am now when I was pregnant.
- I’ve been avoiding cruciferous vegetables since we’ve noticed that Xander is a lot more gassy when I eat them.
- I know many women give up dairy to see if that helps with their baby’s gas issues, but I don’t think his gassiness is anything excessive (he’s not crying in pain) and I think it would be extremely hard for me to give up dairy completely.
- I usually at least take one nap when X is napping. He takes a short nap shortly after waking and if I’m zonked from the night before I always nap with him. The afternoon nap is questionable depending on my sleep level — it’s usually a yes though. This nap is a longer one (2-3 hours). If he goes toward the 3 hour end of things than he usually eats once in the middle.
- I’m not sure why, but when I lay in bed for actual bedtime I’ve been having the hardest time falling asleep. My mind wanders and oh.em.gee. I cannot stand listening to the white noise that we have playing in Xander’s room through the monitor. The process of my bedtime is getting so irritating to me because I’m exhausted yet don’t fall asleep quickly (this is not like me at all!)
- Breastfeeding is still great! (even though we often still use the shield) and I love the bonding time with Xander. It’s so cute to see the placement of his hands and how his little fingers curl up around my shirt. Love that boy!
- Monday’s are mommy group day and I really enjoy it. There is a birth counselor present and all the moms go around the room giving an update on their baby and express any concerns or questions they may have that week.
- Tuesday’s I usually go to a walking group with some of the mom’s I’ve met through the Monday group. It’s really been nice to get out with them!
- If I have errands to run Xander just comes right along with me. He’s usually a good little trooper too! The last two times we were in Target he refused to sit in him car seat and now we are wondering if the lights are just too bright for him. (He was a crankster for me when I was by myself but did it again when John was with us the next time. We had to take him out and hold him the whole time while shopping, we think so he wasn’t looking up at the lights).
Well, that’s about all! My next postpartum update will be in a month!