Katie/Baby update: I feel like I’ve been having way too many Braxton Hicks contractions. They’ve been very evident since about 2 pm yesterday. I did call the midwife on call around 7 pm but she said hydrate, take a bath, and basically don’t worry about it until they get more painful or you can’t talk during the contractions. Well, contractions woke me up probably 6 times last night — it was pretty annoying. So this morning I changed my appointment from tomorrow to this afternoon. I’ll be able to get checked and make sure the BH contractions aren’t causing dilation. I should have more of an update later on, but for now, here’s a yummy recipe
Boy, do I have a recipe for you!! I am so proud of these brownies — they are fudgy and chewy and just plain delicious. John and my dad both tried these as well and highly enjoyed them!
Gluten Free Fudge Brownies
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: ~35 minutes
Keywords: bake dry heat dessert gluten-free cake
Ingredients (16 brownies)
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 5 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Melt margarine and chocolate over the stove top. I kept it around medium, sometimes moving the heat down to low. You want to stir during most of the time as well.
- Turn off the heat, but keep the pot on the warm burner while stirring in your eggs and sugar. Mix well.
- Take pot off the burn now and add in the vanilla.
- Finally, flour in the flour and xanathan gum. Make sure you fold it in well so there are no chunks!
- Cook at 350 degrees for ~35 minutes.
Trust me, if you’re gluten free you should run to the kitchen and make these brownies!