This is just a super basic snickerdoodle cookie recipe. They taste delish and are probably one of the best gluten-free cookies I’ve made.
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar (you have to have this)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar (for rolling)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (for rolling)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat together sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2 inch balls — this is going to be trickier with a GF batter because it’s sticky. What I did was took to spoons and made a “ball.” I did not roll the ball around in my hands to make it smooth — this would have been messy and sticky. Just simply drop the “ball” into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and roll it around. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Viola! Just a basic recipe that tastes so good.
Do you like snickerdoodles?
Please chime in on my “Can’t Sleep” post if you have any advice for helping me sleep better during my third trimester! Thanks!