Otherwise known as the “we are leaving town and need to use things in the fridge” quiche. Whew. Honestly though, this quiche was one of the best quiches I’ve ever made — I’m so glad I jotted down what I was actually throwing into it!
- 2 cups uncooked hash browns
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 2 sweet Italian sausages
- Approximately 2 ounces of (leftover) chicken
- 1 carrot
- 6 scallions
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese (whatever you have leftover)
- dashes of: pepper, garlic salt, parsley, basil, and italian seasonin
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together all crust ingredients and pat into a glass pie dish.
3. Bake quiche crust for 15 minutes.
4. While quiche crust is baking, dice leftover chicken and sausages. Sauté meat in a medium skillet. Chip scallions and shred carrots into “noodles.” Add veggies to the meat to sauté. Dash in all your spices.
5. When the quiche crust is done pre-baking, add above sauteed mixture into the pie pan.
6. Beat together the eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture over the veggies and meat.
7. Top with 1 cup of cheese.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.