1. MommyHood forum on Facebook. When I first found out I was pregnant I started being a lurker on MommyHood. I would rarely comment, but enjoyed reading about different topics in the community. I knew about this forum because I used WeddingBook when I was planning my wedding and have looked through The Nest forums as well. Once I announced my pregnant on Facebook and the blog, I made a post in MommyHood announcing it as well! Now I comment whenever I want.
2. Setting up a new folder in Google Reader. With so many amazing bloggers who are currently pregnant or new mommies, I started setting up my new folder right away. I’ve been adding to it over the weeks but would love more suggestions if you have them!
3. I joined BabyCenter. I started looking on BabyCenter mainly to see how big baby was each week and how baby is growing + changing. The other thing I like about BabyCenter are the groups you can join. So far I’m only in three, but they send me a little email every morning with new posts. I like to lay in bed using my phone, seeing if any the new posts interest me.
4. I downloaded the BabyCenter application. Once I joined babycenter.com, I saw that they had a mobile app as well! I like the app because during each new week it sends me a notification of what is happening with baby. I think the calendar they have it also nice because it will talk about baby, give you something to do that week, or remind you to take your prenatals. I don’t look at the app everyday, but once every few days is fun.
5. I joined TheBump. Actually, it was really easy to join TheBump because I was already a member of TheKnot, and you use the same email + password. What I like best about this website is the checklist! I can’t figure out how to view more than just my current week’s tasks and tasks I’ve yet to complete — so if someone knows how to view future tasks, please let me know! I also like the how big is baby section — which is similar to the BabyCenter weekly updates.
Do you know of any other pregnancy related apps, websites, etc that I might be interested in??