As you know, I received Vibram Five Fingers (VFF) as my birthday gift from John and I was (and am!) so so so excited! I specifically tried on and enjoyed the fit of the Bikila style the best. I went into the store thinking I would want the sprints, but I didn’t like the way they sat on my heel — the Bikila style was much more comfortable for me.
So here is what I did during my first week with the VFF:
- Sunday: 0.25 mile walk to test out the VFF
- Monday: 1.5 mile walk in VFF
- Tuesday: 2 mile walk in VFF
- Wednesday: —
- Thursday: 5.0 mile walk in sneakers
- Friday: traveling to PA
- Saturday: 1-2 mile (??) walk at the farm in VFF + 1000 steps
And here are my initial thoughts:
- After a few tries, it gets easier to get your toes in all the right toe holes.
- My toes, especially my left-foot-little-toes, feel asleep a few times this week. I must note that this is not really unusual for me. When I break in new sneakers my toes like to fall asleep when they are getting used to new surroundings. This also happens when I’m cold in any type of shoe or wearing ice skates. I’m sure the sleepy sensation in my toes will dissipate in the VFF just like it dissipates when I get used to new shoes.
- Walking at the farm felt wonderful! The grass was so nice and soft. My feet loved it! We also were going over debris from logging activity, so I was able to practice some agility in the VFF. I liked being able to feel what I was walking over and gain stability naturally.
I’m excited to see where my journey in VFF takes me and I’m looking forward to building in jogging segments soon. If you have experience with VFF I’d love any advice or feedback from your experience. So far I’m loving mine!
Would you ever try Vibram Five Fingers?