Hi Everyone! I hope you’ve been doing fabulously while I’ve been traveling! Today my dad and step-mom Camille are driving through to pick me up drive to Minnesota for my step-sister Alyssa’s wedding. It’s going to be a long trip! To keep you entertained, I have one of my best blends guesting today!
Take it away Alicia!!
Greetings from Parma! I’m Alicia, the happy blogger at Poise in Parma and one of Katie’s best blends. If you are a regular Healthy Heddleston reader, you know that Katie and the Heddleston hubby are on the job hunt. Since they have flexibility at this point in their lives, they are considering moving if the right opportunity arises.
…and if you know anything about my blog, you know that 1) I spend a considerable amount of time showing readers what Cleveland has to offer and 2) that I really like lists, especially on Tuesdays.
Hey – whataya know – it’s a Tuesday! So in my usual fashion, just in a different location, I give you:
1. The cost of living is low. The best example of this? The mortgage on my four bedroom house is less than my brother-in-law’s rent on his Boston one-bedroom apartment. Throw in food, gasoline and entertainment costs and the Heddlestons will be operating in the black.
2. The recreational activities are endless. They can bike…
they can run…
they can relax…
3. Cleveland’s business community is making a comeback. After some rough times, we’re clawing back to economic health. Give it time, but before you know it, we’ll have a Medical Mart, casinos and even more to support our region.
4. Cleveland is a great place to be a foodie. Not only can they enjoy all the fine dining our town has to offer (check out my restaurant reviews & recaps if you need proof), but they can take advantage of all the culinary educational opportunities as well! Remember how cute they were learning how to make mozzarella cheese:
5. The arts and culture are award-winning and world-class. Did you know Cleveland is the home of The , The Cleveland Orchestra and Playhouse Square – all recognized as some of the best in their fields?
6. Her and her hubby got their college degrees here. Case Western Reserve University is lucky to have these two as alums:
7. The blogging community rocks. Katie knows this first hand, always attending our Ohio Blogging Association meetings with a smile – and sometimes even jumping in and leading the group when my car broke down!
8. Awesome road trip opportunities are endless. Cleveland is under three hours away by car from Columbus, Pittsburgh, Detroit and Western New York. There’s even more to take advantage of within a 90 minute car drive – the Akron/Canton area, the Lake Erie Islands and Amish Country, for example. (Katie adds: Niagara Falls is just over 3 hours away and John and I went there for an engagement present and to Niagara-on-the-Lake for our one year anniversary!)
9. Cleveland is a great place to raise a family. These two are just too cute with a baby:
…and this town is a solid spot for the Heddleston clan to grow and flourish. There are excellent schools in the area and plenty of things to keep future Baby Heddlestons very happy. I was born and raised here – and wouldn’t have changed that for anything!
10. There’s no lack of people talking with their hands. Case in point:
Yes, I’m ridiculous. Sorry, I’m not sorry.
In all seriousness, I want Katie and John to be healthy, happy and successful in all aspects of life, even if that means them moving away from the CLE. But I’ve lived here my entire life and have stayed here because it is such a great place to live. A lot of this has to do with the people that live in this city – people like Katie and John who are hard workers, kind hearted and just fun to be around. When you find good friends like that, you never want to let them go!
Thank you so much for this wonderful post Alicia! I am certain we will be forever friends regardless of where we live. I’m so blessed to have met you through blogging!
Why do you think the Heddleston’s should stay in CLE?