BBB’s — Black Bean Brownies!
I’ve been trying to use up my pantry items since we may be moving in the next two months. I probably bought black beans to make burgers, but decided they’d be tastier in brownie form.
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans
- 3 eggs
- 3 T applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and drain can of black beans.
- Puree black beans in a food processor until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients in food process except chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into a pie plate or an 8 x 8 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Result will be a chewy, delicious brownie that no one will ever realize beans are in.
Katie: I made brownies tonight hon.
John: Oh yeah? My brownies or your brownies?
Katie: Our brownies. There’s no flour in them at all.
John: Oh. Okay. These are really good.
Have you ever made brownies with beans? What did you think?