Helllloooo from Florida!! My flight landed in Tampa at 11:10 am yesterday morning and my brother was waiting for me. We grabbed lunch to-go at a small yummy Greek restaurant and headed home. My afternoon consisted of a glorious nap and an even more glorious 5 mile run. I completed my run in 47:30 — getting faster all the time! I’m so glad I threw my hand strap water bottle in my suitcase — it was hot!
Before leaving for Florida I had two overripe bananas waiting to be used on my counter. So, I have a yummy recipe for you today while I go play in the pool and more! Pictures of my trip coming soon! Enjoy the cookies; I brought some on the plane with me, which was a very great decision.
PB Banana Oat Cookies
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas — mashed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups quick oats*
- 2 tablespoons flax meal**
- 1 tablespoons flax seed**
- Add up to one cup of chocolate chips — optional
*Use pure vanilla (not imitation) and gluten free old fashion oats to make this recipe completely gluten free
**If you don’t have these items in your pantry use 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Use gluten free if that’s what you need.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, egg, bananas, brown sugar, vanilla and applesauce. Mix well.
- Mix in baking soda, baking powder, oats, flax meal and flax seed. Combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden. This will be a chewy cookie, so make sure you allow it to cool on the cookie sheet before removing it to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Makes 24-30 cookies depending on size. My batch made 27 cookies.
Do you like banana in your cookies!? I think it’s a super fun option since I usually only have bananas in whole form and muffin form!
Have a sunny day!!