I made gluten free dough balls that actually look like dough balls!!
Remember when I made this recipe? Well, my mom wanted to make these cookies over the weekend using a different type of peanut butter, but her cookies turned out dry and just not the same. (We’ve since determined it’s because she used stick margarine instead of softer tub margarine…just FYI.) So, I decided I would revamp the recipe and make dough balls that are not dry and super tasty!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dough Balls
- 1/2 cup soft tub margarine — I used I can’t Believe it’s Not Butter Lite
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter — I used Peter Pan
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1.5 cups gluten free all-purpose flour — I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips — I used Hershey’s mini-chips
*Don’t need to be gluten free? Omit xanthan gum and replace GF all-purpose flour + brown rice flour with 2 cups regular all-purpose flour.
- Combine margarine, peanut butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Use an electric mixer or just work those arm muscles — that’s what I did and it was fine!
- Add both flours. Mix and combine very very well — your batter will be very thick.
- Combine chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll spoonfuls of batter into balls. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until done.
Makes approximately 30 dough balls.
Enjoy!! Especially, you Mom!
What’s your type of cookie? Have you made any of the dough ball recipes that have been floating around the blogosphere?