A few weeks ago #fitblog chats discussed resolutions. I had this take on it:
I often find that resolutions may be unrealistic and unattainable. I also think the word resolution implies that you need fix something that you aren’t doing right. Just my take on it.
I much prefer the word goals and think goals should be set anytime during the year and not just at the beginning of the year.
With all that said, I have created 10 goals for the year 2011. I think the goals I set throughout the year are going to help me make these goals come true!
Healthy Heddleston’s 2011 Goals
1. Run three half marathons.
- How is this attainable? I’m currently training for my 2nd half marathon and know I will be running two half-marathons in the spring. All I need is at least one more in the fall and goal is met!
2. Run a muddy run.
- How is this attainable? Hopefully by getting a group of Cleveland bloggers to participate in Warrior Dash of the Original Mud Run in the spring.
3. Save $_______ or more.
- How is this attainable? Mr. Healthy and I have a goal amount in our minds to meet by the end of 2011. We thinks it’s attainable based on what we see in our savings account currently. We of course would actually like to exceed the goal in our minds — especially to help with #9.
4. Move out of Ohio.
- How is this attainable? John should be graduating with his PhD in May or August of this year. Then he just needs to snag a job and we are outta here! I’ll try and snag a job too, I suppose
5. Grow my nutrition business.
- How is this attainable? Continue marketing and promoting my in-person and online consulting. Create a testimonials page under my consulting tab. Do more giveaways for my nutrition services to encourage purchase.
6. Attend a blogging conference.
- How is this attainable? Yes, I’m kind of person who writes things on my to-do list that I’ve done, just so I can cross them off! I know I’m speaking at and attending FitBloggin‘ in May — so this will happen for sure!
7. Figure out health insurance.
- How is this attainable? By applying to many companies or by getting added onto Mr. Healthy’s insurance whenever he gets a job. Friends, please do not worry — I DO have health insurance — however, it’s Cobra and super expensive.
8. Run a sub 30 minute 5k.
- How is this attainable? By continuing to run and by pushing myself! And by maybe not picking a hilly course, ha. Plus my last 5k came in at 30:03 by my watch and 30:12 from course results.
9. Plan a trip for Italy in 2012.
- How is this attainable? By completing #3 and then some, plus by continuing to learn Italian with our awesome Rosetta Stone.
10. Keep growing my blog.
- How is this attainable? By doin’ my thang! Ha, really, I’m just going to keep posting, being passionate about what I write, and keeping meeting bloggers in real life! I’ve been really pleased with my growth in 2010 and can’t wait to see what 2011 brings.
I wrote all my goals down and hung it on the wall by my computer. I also made sure to give myself some motivation with one of my favorite quotes at the bottom of the page.
Do you make goals or resolutions? What would you like to accomplish in 2011?