I thought I would enter a little contest through Kitchen Play this month + came up with a Christmassy Quinoa Salad! The sponsor for December’s contest is My Spice Sage + substitutions / creativity to deviate from the original suggested recipe was encouraged! Thanks!
Christmassy Quinoa (yields 2-4 servings)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe bosc pear
- 1/2 seeds from pomegranate
- 1.5 tablespoons Garlic Expressions or other tangy dressing
- De-seeding your pomegranate using my simple method.
- Core + chop bosc pear.
- Combine quinoa, pear, and pomegranate seeds. This is a cold salad.
- Drizzle with Garlic Expressions for a tangy delight!
Variation Ideas: This would also be fabulously delicious as a sweet salad with white chocolate drizzled! If you choose the sweet variation, drizzle just before serving! You could even make this a parfait with your favorite vanilla yogurt! So many variations!!
What’s your favorite way to eat quinoa? Ever eat it cold??