Inspired by the dough ball movement and the yumminess of Mama Pea’s creations, I set out to create a gluten free version. Turns out they didn’t stay as dough balls, but made fabulous cookies! Without further ado, I present…
Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butterscotch Cookies.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup Better ‘n Peanut Butter (I’m sure Jiff or Peter Pan would be just fine)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (I didn’t have brown)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine margarine, peanut butter, both sugars, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Add both flours. Mix well.
- Add + combine butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop batter on cookie sheet by the spoonfuls.
- Bake for approximately ten minutes or until done. Cookies will be flat but will taste oh so good.
Makes approximately 24-28 cookies depending on size.
Step 1. Combine margarine, peanut butter, both sugars, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
Step 2. Add both flours.
Step 3. Add both butterscotch and chocolate chips. Combine.
Step 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 5. Drop batter on cookie sheet by the spoonfuls.
What is your favorite type of cookie?