You Will Need
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- String cheese or fresh Mozzarella pearls
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- If using string cheese cut into bite size pieces. If using Mozzarella pearls no cutting is needed!
- Alternate tomato, basil, cheese, tomato, basil cheese on toothpick.
- Create as many or as little needed!
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
One of my best friends, Amy, first introduced me to these beauties during my Bachelorette Party. We were having a pot luck for dinner and this was one of her contributions! My mom and I recreated the recipe a few weeks ago when I was home in PA for a jewelry party. I’m also bringing these over to Alicia’s tomorrow — it’ll be the first time our husbands meet!
Are you wondering about the string cheese? It is cheaper and still tastes great! Plus you can find part-skim string cheese and I haven’t seen part-skim fresh Mozzarella pearls.
Have you ever made Caprese anything? I love all variations of Caprese appetizers!